Saturday, October 06, 2007

The Rebuttal Questions


Good Morning Everyone!

I apologize for being a tad behind in posting my rebuttal questions. The internet cable went out, and finally when it was fixed, my pet human had to go to work. So here I am, late on a Saturday, busily dictating to my pet human/secretary.

I would like to briefly state some of my basic positions. I believe after the rebuttal sessions are over, Skeezix, The Moderator (impartial) will open the floor to questions from the constituents. At that point I will answer any and all questions.

First, I am the only "fusion" candidate, and I do not mean nuclear fusion. I am a true blending of some very liberal positions, and some traditional classical liberalist positions. Please let me explain the confusion in the semantics.

On social issues, I tend to be very liberal. Keep government out of my personal life:

1. I favor pro choice.
2. I favor marriage between two loving, committed individuals
3. I favor ending the war on terrorism, and bringing home the troops. I tend more towards diplomacy, rather than war, although, I will use the our power and troops if truly necessary.

On constitutional issues I tend towards a classical liberalist position:

1. I believe in protecting personal property rights
2. I believe in natural rights
3. I support civil liberties
4. I support constitutional limits on government
5. I believe in individual freedom

These seemingly conflicting positions are in fact complementary. I will post more later.

Now on to the rebuttal questions. I will be short, but sweet.

First, I have a comment for Cato. Cato, I am not a boy-cat. I am a girl-cat. Skittles, The HuntRESS.

I don't mean to embarrass you, yet this does seem like a good time to point out that all of the candidates are female. Very progressive!

OK

Question 1: What to do about the safety of our food supply?

Cato: How would you fund the enforcement of the COOL Act? And how would you extend the act to include food for all species?

Chey: It is a well established fact that 1 acre of land growing produce for consumption, if utilizing modern day agricultural methods, produces far more to eat than an acre of land utilizing organic methods. How would you deal with a decrease in the overall food supply, if the US were to suddenly go organic, and the subsequent increase in food prices?

Doc: If the COOL Act is not enforced, what good does reading a label do?


Question 2: The Infamous Booty Method Question.

I have but one question to ask of only one candidate, Chey.

Chey: Would you be willing to voluntarily take a trip to a vet, and submit to the Booty Method, in order to better understand your constituency?

Question 3: The Vicious Deer Menace

Doc: Since you do not believe deer are a vicious menace, do you feel you may be out of touch with a major segment of your constituents, who do in fact feel intimidated by deer?

Cato: Since you do not have deer in your area, are you planning to, or are you willing to accept vicious deer refugees into your neighborhood, when felines begin to fight back? If so, can we just give them your address and send them there?

Chey: How would you control unregulated use of Vicious Deer Repellent, so that it isn't used indiscriminately?

Luv,
Skittles, The Huntress

2 comments:

The Crew said...

Good rebuttal, Skittles, but I feel I should point out, Cato is a male. Still I'm happy to see 3 FEMALE candidates in the race.

Tipper

Cato said...

Skittles, I apologize about missing the fact that you are female. And I forgive you for missing the fact that I am a neutered male (metrosexual) :) I am also very sorry I haven't gotten to your questions, which I will try to do while on my trip to Texas to stump for votes in the cowboy state :) Cato

Saturday, October 06, 2007

The Rebuttal Questions


Good Morning Everyone!

I apologize for being a tad behind in posting my rebuttal questions. The internet cable went out, and finally when it was fixed, my pet human had to go to work. So here I am, late on a Saturday, busily dictating to my pet human/secretary.

I would like to briefly state some of my basic positions. I believe after the rebuttal sessions are over, Skeezix, The Moderator (impartial) will open the floor to questions from the constituents. At that point I will answer any and all questions.

First, I am the only "fusion" candidate, and I do not mean nuclear fusion. I am a true blending of some very liberal positions, and some traditional classical liberalist positions. Please let me explain the confusion in the semantics.

On social issues, I tend to be very liberal. Keep government out of my personal life:

1. I favor pro choice.
2. I favor marriage between two loving, committed individuals
3. I favor ending the war on terrorism, and bringing home the troops. I tend more towards diplomacy, rather than war, although, I will use the our power and troops if truly necessary.

On constitutional issues I tend towards a classical liberalist position:

1. I believe in protecting personal property rights
2. I believe in natural rights
3. I support civil liberties
4. I support constitutional limits on government
5. I believe in individual freedom

These seemingly conflicting positions are in fact complementary. I will post more later.

Now on to the rebuttal questions. I will be short, but sweet.

First, I have a comment for Cato. Cato, I am not a boy-cat. I am a girl-cat. Skittles, The HuntRESS.

I don't mean to embarrass you, yet this does seem like a good time to point out that all of the candidates are female. Very progressive!

OK

Question 1: What to do about the safety of our food supply?

Cato: How would you fund the enforcement of the COOL Act? And how would you extend the act to include food for all species?

Chey: It is a well established fact that 1 acre of land growing produce for consumption, if utilizing modern day agricultural methods, produces far more to eat than an acre of land utilizing organic methods. How would you deal with a decrease in the overall food supply, if the US were to suddenly go organic, and the subsequent increase in food prices?

Doc: If the COOL Act is not enforced, what good does reading a label do?


Question 2: The Infamous Booty Method Question.

I have but one question to ask of only one candidate, Chey.

Chey: Would you be willing to voluntarily take a trip to a vet, and submit to the Booty Method, in order to better understand your constituency?

Question 3: The Vicious Deer Menace

Doc: Since you do not believe deer are a vicious menace, do you feel you may be out of touch with a major segment of your constituents, who do in fact feel intimidated by deer?

Cato: Since you do not have deer in your area, are you planning to, or are you willing to accept vicious deer refugees into your neighborhood, when felines begin to fight back? If so, can we just give them your address and send them there?

Chey: How would you control unregulated use of Vicious Deer Repellent, so that it isn't used indiscriminately?

Luv,
Skittles, The Huntress

2 comments:

The Crew said...

Good rebuttal, Skittles, but I feel I should point out, Cato is a male. Still I'm happy to see 3 FEMALE candidates in the race.

Tipper

Cato said...

Skittles, I apologize about missing the fact that you are female. And I forgive you for missing the fact that I am a neutered male (metrosexual) :) I am also very sorry I haven't gotten to your questions, which I will try to do while on my trip to Texas to stump for votes in the cowboy state :) Cato