Friday, April 18, 2008

Formerly Feral & Flower Friday

As a "formerly feral" sometimes I sit at the door and ponder about my early life as an "outdoor" kitty. I like having a home and family a lot. Being wild wasn't always all that fun.

Flowers from my garden for Flower Friday.

Iris
Alice DuPont

Roses


And a poem for Poetry Month:



Decades

I know what it is
to eat a bean
with a plastic spoon
before the dim light,

and to fit together
such small objects,

that is, to join them

with glue.

I know what it is
to watch an eyelid
lift/close & close,
to watch a person
quiver open

as during nervous
prayer with you.


Kirby Olson
Waiting For The Rapture
Persistencia Press
March 2006
Lutheran Surrealism
Luv,
Skittles, The Huntress

2 comments:

DK & The Fluffies said...

Oh I just love calla lilies!

meemsnyc said...

Oh wow, what absolutely gorgeous flowers.

Friday, April 18, 2008

Formerly Feral & Flower Friday

As a "formerly feral" sometimes I sit at the door and ponder about my early life as an "outdoor" kitty. I like having a home and family a lot. Being wild wasn't always all that fun.

Flowers from my garden for Flower Friday.

Iris
Alice DuPont

Roses


And a poem for Poetry Month:



Decades

I know what it is
to eat a bean
with a plastic spoon
before the dim light,

and to fit together
such small objects,

that is, to join them

with glue.

I know what it is
to watch an eyelid
lift/close & close,
to watch a person
quiver open

as during nervous
prayer with you.


Kirby Olson
Waiting For The Rapture
Persistencia Press
March 2006
Lutheran Surrealism
Luv,
Skittles, The Huntress

2 comments:

DK & The Fluffies said...

Oh I just love calla lilies!

meemsnyc said...

Oh wow, what absolutely gorgeous flowers.