Saturday, May 17, 2008

Shelter Island Sunday

Wowy! It got hot all of a sudden. Lot's of sunshine. This is great for my new container garden on the side deck. Yes, the plants are doing VERY well......they are very happy!
With all this beautiful weather, I decided to take my pet human for a walk. You know, I recommend getting your human out on occasion for exercise to keep them in a good mood.

I took my pet human to Shelter Island, one of my favorite places. There are lot's of yachts and yacht clubs on Shelter Island. It's kinda a really exclusive place with snazzy walking paths that everyone can enjoy, even those of us without yachts.

First I saw this interesting sign.


I guess this is where the whole world enters Fraser Yachts. I bet it gets crowded!


Here is a photo looking over the bay to downtown. In the right foreground in North Island Naval Base, where they keep lots of aircraft carriers.
Here is the Friendship Bell, donated to San Diego by the city of Yokohama, Japan.
And here is sunset with palms in the distance.
Now, I am home posting this to my blog, and I can see the fireworks from Seaworld.

Yes, tourist season is upon us.

Happy Sunday Everyone!

Luv,
Skittles, The Huntress

9 comments:

topcatrules said...

Crikey, your photos are incredibly beautiful! :)

ML said...

KC said...
O, Skittles, what a beautiful place to go. Wow.
Purrs, KC

Kimo & Sabi said...

Oooo - whut a lovely place to be!

Eric and Flynn said...

That's a very pretty place furr a walk. We like the palms in the sunset.

Daisy said...

It looks so pretty where you live! I guess there are no cat shelters on Shelter Island?

Irishcoda said...

Those are some lovely photos, thanks so much for sharing!

Zippy, Sadie and Speedy said...

Dat does look like a great place to go fur a walk.

Artsy Catsy said...

Such beautiful photos! Thank you for sharing!

Rocky

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Love your pics!

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Shelter Island Sunday

Wowy! It got hot all of a sudden. Lot's of sunshine. This is great for my new container garden on the side deck. Yes, the plants are doing VERY well......they are very happy!
With all this beautiful weather, I decided to take my pet human for a walk. You know, I recommend getting your human out on occasion for exercise to keep them in a good mood.

I took my pet human to Shelter Island, one of my favorite places. There are lot's of yachts and yacht clubs on Shelter Island. It's kinda a really exclusive place with snazzy walking paths that everyone can enjoy, even those of us without yachts.

First I saw this interesting sign.


I guess this is where the whole world enters Fraser Yachts. I bet it gets crowded!


Here is a photo looking over the bay to downtown. In the right foreground in North Island Naval Base, where they keep lots of aircraft carriers.
Here is the Friendship Bell, donated to San Diego by the city of Yokohama, Japan.
And here is sunset with palms in the distance.
Now, I am home posting this to my blog, and I can see the fireworks from Seaworld.

Yes, tourist season is upon us.

Happy Sunday Everyone!

Luv,
Skittles, The Huntress

9 comments:

topcatrules said...

Crikey, your photos are incredibly beautiful! :)

ML said...

KC said...
O, Skittles, what a beautiful place to go. Wow.
Purrs, KC

Kimo & Sabi said...

Oooo - whut a lovely place to be!

Eric and Flynn said...

That's a very pretty place furr a walk. We like the palms in the sunset.

Daisy said...

It looks so pretty where you live! I guess there are no cat shelters on Shelter Island?

Irishcoda said...

Those are some lovely photos, thanks so much for sharing!

Zippy, Sadie and Speedy said...

Dat does look like a great place to go fur a walk.

Artsy Catsy said...

Such beautiful photos! Thank you for sharing!

Rocky

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Love your pics!