Friday, June 13, 2008

Saturday Caturday

Bring Back Hillary

I was relaxing on the side deck and enjoying the dappled sunlight shining through on the container garden, when I received a phone call.It was Ginny, who lives next door. She, and her husband, Bill, are my unpaid political advisers. Bill was a pilot in WWII (and a character in some of my pet human's short stories), and Ginny worked for the State department during WWII over in England. She was in London during the Blitz!

"Skittles," she said, "I have some Temptations and a bowl of cream here for you. Come on over and see us!"
Well, I didn't waste any time! It wasn't the Temptations or cream, I just like to visit my buddies!

I sat down next to Ginny at the counter, and she moved a magazine in front of me. It was The Week. And the cover was about Hillary dropping out of the race.
"What do you think, Skittles, was it sexism?"

Bill got upset and said: "Look I told you that it's the math! She didn't have enough delegates! Obama had the delegates!"

Ginny: I'm talking to Skittles!

Bill: It's not sexism any more than it would have been racism the other way around.

Ginny: Be quiet! I want to hear Skittles.

Me: I think that most of the SuperDelegates who went for Obama were men, weren't they? Yes, in part I think sexism was involved. At the same time, Obama's campaign started gaining on Hillary only after Oprah endorsed him. So that wasn't sexism. It's both. I never understood why Obama needed Oprah.

Bill: Hey I voted for Hillary. And I'm a man.

Ginny (getting very upset): Bill! Be quiet! Listen, the year I was born, women didn't have the vote! Blacks had the vote, but women didn't! Women all over America are very upset and disappointed. We're the majority after all. We deserve to be heard!

Me: Well, America can redeem itself by voting me into the White House. I'm a girl.

Ginny: I'm voting for you, Skittles!
I finished my Temptations and cream and went back to ponder all this in my garden. Wow, I knew that women in America got full suffrage in 1920, but when Ginny put it the way she did, I finally realized it wasn't very long ago. And look at all the countries who gave women voting power before the US: click on this.

I disagreed with many of Hillary's issues, but I gotta go with Ginny on this one. The press tore Hillary up and dissed her, in a way they never did to Obama.

Bring Hillary back.

BUT

Vote For Skittles, The Huntress

Luv,
Skittles

7 comments:

Derby said...

Skittles it isn't sexism. Mum says she wouldn't mind having a female as president. She just didn't want Hillary as president! Not because she was female, but other things. (Mum says she has to keep this g rated so she won't go on.)

Plus both you and Chey are female. Heck the top of my ticket is a female. I have no problem with it either.

Skittles, The Huntress said...

Derby,

I'm trying to understand it from Ginny's point of view. She's 90 years old. I was amazed that she was born before women could vote.

I think sexism played a part, but was not the sole contributor. There are plenty of women who did not like Hillary. I don't like her politics. But I didn't want a woman to be seen as a quitter. And there were plenty of men who voted for Hillary, as Bill did.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Luv,
Skittles, The Huntress

Skittles, The Huntress said...

BTW: those were Ginny's words.

Luv,
Skittles, The Huntress

topcatrules said...

Oh my goodness the photos of you are gorgeous!

Kimo & Sabi said...

I like Hillary.
Sabi

I like Obama.
Kimo

It's a tie.

Gandalf & Grayson said...

We don't especially care for any of the human candidates. Wake us when it's over.

Lux said...

Such a lot to think about. We're with Gandalf and Grayson on this.

Friday, June 13, 2008

Saturday Caturday

Bring Back Hillary

I was relaxing on the side deck and enjoying the dappled sunlight shining through on the container garden, when I received a phone call.It was Ginny, who lives next door. She, and her husband, Bill, are my unpaid political advisers. Bill was a pilot in WWII (and a character in some of my pet human's short stories), and Ginny worked for the State department during WWII over in England. She was in London during the Blitz!

"Skittles," she said, "I have some Temptations and a bowl of cream here for you. Come on over and see us!"
Well, I didn't waste any time! It wasn't the Temptations or cream, I just like to visit my buddies!

I sat down next to Ginny at the counter, and she moved a magazine in front of me. It was The Week. And the cover was about Hillary dropping out of the race.
"What do you think, Skittles, was it sexism?"

Bill got upset and said: "Look I told you that it's the math! She didn't have enough delegates! Obama had the delegates!"

Ginny: I'm talking to Skittles!

Bill: It's not sexism any more than it would have been racism the other way around.

Ginny: Be quiet! I want to hear Skittles.

Me: I think that most of the SuperDelegates who went for Obama were men, weren't they? Yes, in part I think sexism was involved. At the same time, Obama's campaign started gaining on Hillary only after Oprah endorsed him. So that wasn't sexism. It's both. I never understood why Obama needed Oprah.

Bill: Hey I voted for Hillary. And I'm a man.

Ginny (getting very upset): Bill! Be quiet! Listen, the year I was born, women didn't have the vote! Blacks had the vote, but women didn't! Women all over America are very upset and disappointed. We're the majority after all. We deserve to be heard!

Me: Well, America can redeem itself by voting me into the White House. I'm a girl.

Ginny: I'm voting for you, Skittles!
I finished my Temptations and cream and went back to ponder all this in my garden. Wow, I knew that women in America got full suffrage in 1920, but when Ginny put it the way she did, I finally realized it wasn't very long ago. And look at all the countries who gave women voting power before the US: click on this.

I disagreed with many of Hillary's issues, but I gotta go with Ginny on this one. The press tore Hillary up and dissed her, in a way they never did to Obama.

Bring Hillary back.

BUT

Vote For Skittles, The Huntress

Luv,
Skittles

7 comments:

Derby said...

Skittles it isn't sexism. Mum says she wouldn't mind having a female as president. She just didn't want Hillary as president! Not because she was female, but other things. (Mum says she has to keep this g rated so she won't go on.)

Plus both you and Chey are female. Heck the top of my ticket is a female. I have no problem with it either.

Skittles, The Huntress said...

Derby,

I'm trying to understand it from Ginny's point of view. She's 90 years old. I was amazed that she was born before women could vote.

I think sexism played a part, but was not the sole contributor. There are plenty of women who did not like Hillary. I don't like her politics. But I didn't want a woman to be seen as a quitter. And there were plenty of men who voted for Hillary, as Bill did.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Luv,
Skittles, The Huntress

Skittles, The Huntress said...

BTW: those were Ginny's words.

Luv,
Skittles, The Huntress

topcatrules said...

Oh my goodness the photos of you are gorgeous!

Kimo & Sabi said...

I like Hillary.
Sabi

I like Obama.
Kimo

It's a tie.

Gandalf & Grayson said...

We don't especially care for any of the human candidates. Wake us when it's over.

Lux said...

Such a lot to think about. We're with Gandalf and Grayson on this.