Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

WOWY!!!!

I am truly amazed at the love and support from my fellow cat bloggers. Of course I always knew that we cats were loyal and true to one another, but with the internet and scams and all, sometimes you just need to be careful.

BUT!!!!! GUESS WHAT?????

We raised $215.00 to help Kon with his vet bills. It wasn't just the auction, but cats from all over the world sent in donations.

Imagine that!
Seriously, cats who don't even know me, sent me money and trusted me to send it on to Kon's mom and dad. And I will.

So here is my TT this week:


THIRTEEN REASONS I AM GRATEFUL FOR THE CAT BLOGOSPHERE

1. I belong to a loving, caring community

2. I have friends all over the world, some I haven't even met.

3. I know that if I am ever in need, I have friends to help.

4. When I am not in need, I can help others who are hurting.

5. Some of you may have inferred this, but my pet human was ill for a long time.....the cat blogging community kept me going while I was comforting her.

6. Paypal is a really cool toy

7. I found resources I didn't know about

8. Officially licensed Snuggles (copyright DKM) look really cool. I didn't bid this time because I didn't want the appearance of a conflict of interest, but MAN O MAN, next auction....I'M IN. Watch out!

9. Did you know there are cats in Australia and Denmark and the Netherlands who like to send money to the US???

10. Well, ok.....getting all the attention was fun

11. Kon's mom and dad get the help they need with the betternarian bill

12. Hopefully, Kon won't break anymore teeth.....(so, like, stay out of the chips dude!)

13. This all helps my wonderful mancat, Sly!

Luv,
Skittles, The Huntress

10 comments:

The Meezers said...

that's a great TT and we really do have the most wonderful caring community!

ML said...

What a neat Thursday Thirteen.
We really do have a compassionate, caring community and it's all over the world.
Thanks to the internet and Paypal, we're closer neighbors. And we can help out when something happens to one of our furriends.
Can't wait until you get you a Genuine Licensed DKM Snuggle and you'll see what the fuss is all about.
Imagine a soft, fluffy, thick, wrap of beautiful colored yarn, packed with catnip, inspected and tested by the lovely Sophia and -- get this -- lots of bunny smells. It is the ultimate.
ML

Zippy, Sadie and Speedy said...

We are always amazed at what this community can do! Mom's world is colored by the peepul who helped when she was poor and desperate...she also knows dat der are scammers out there but when she is with her friends here she always feels safe donateing.

Gandalf and Grayson said...

Wonderful T13, Skittles! The Blogosphere is totally pawesome!

Chance said...

Dat waz a furry furry good TT. So gud I gaves yoo an awardie! Check owt mai bloggy fur da details.

HotMBC said...

It's amazing ain't it? Yall did grate helpin out Kon!
Purrrrrrrrrs,
Sanjee n the Hotties

Tybalt said...

That is a GREAT Thursday Thirteen. I'm glad so much money was raised to help Kon!

Daisy said...

I love the whole cat blogosphere! I am very happy about Kon, too.

Parker said...

It's really a kind world.
And cats are the kindest.
Smooches.

Liss said...

You're one handsome guy, you look like mes.
-Nixon

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

WOWY!!!!

I am truly amazed at the love and support from my fellow cat bloggers. Of course I always knew that we cats were loyal and true to one another, but with the internet and scams and all, sometimes you just need to be careful.

BUT!!!!! GUESS WHAT?????

We raised $215.00 to help Kon with his vet bills. It wasn't just the auction, but cats from all over the world sent in donations.

Imagine that!
Seriously, cats who don't even know me, sent me money and trusted me to send it on to Kon's mom and dad. And I will.

So here is my TT this week:


THIRTEEN REASONS I AM GRATEFUL FOR THE CAT BLOGOSPHERE

1. I belong to a loving, caring community

2. I have friends all over the world, some I haven't even met.

3. I know that if I am ever in need, I have friends to help.

4. When I am not in need, I can help others who are hurting.

5. Some of you may have inferred this, but my pet human was ill for a long time.....the cat blogging community kept me going while I was comforting her.

6. Paypal is a really cool toy

7. I found resources I didn't know about

8. Officially licensed Snuggles (copyright DKM) look really cool. I didn't bid this time because I didn't want the appearance of a conflict of interest, but MAN O MAN, next auction....I'M IN. Watch out!

9. Did you know there are cats in Australia and Denmark and the Netherlands who like to send money to the US???

10. Well, ok.....getting all the attention was fun

11. Kon's mom and dad get the help they need with the betternarian bill

12. Hopefully, Kon won't break anymore teeth.....(so, like, stay out of the chips dude!)

13. This all helps my wonderful mancat, Sly!

Luv,
Skittles, The Huntress

10 comments:

The Meezers said...

that's a great TT and we really do have the most wonderful caring community!

ML said...

What a neat Thursday Thirteen.
We really do have a compassionate, caring community and it's all over the world.
Thanks to the internet and Paypal, we're closer neighbors. And we can help out when something happens to one of our furriends.
Can't wait until you get you a Genuine Licensed DKM Snuggle and you'll see what the fuss is all about.
Imagine a soft, fluffy, thick, wrap of beautiful colored yarn, packed with catnip, inspected and tested by the lovely Sophia and -- get this -- lots of bunny smells. It is the ultimate.
ML

Zippy, Sadie and Speedy said...

We are always amazed at what this community can do! Mom's world is colored by the peepul who helped when she was poor and desperate...she also knows dat der are scammers out there but when she is with her friends here she always feels safe donateing.

Gandalf and Grayson said...

Wonderful T13, Skittles! The Blogosphere is totally pawesome!

Chance said...

Dat waz a furry furry good TT. So gud I gaves yoo an awardie! Check owt mai bloggy fur da details.

HotMBC said...

It's amazing ain't it? Yall did grate helpin out Kon!
Purrrrrrrrrs,
Sanjee n the Hotties

Tybalt said...

That is a GREAT Thursday Thirteen. I'm glad so much money was raised to help Kon!

Daisy said...

I love the whole cat blogosphere! I am very happy about Kon, too.

Parker said...

It's really a kind world.
And cats are the kindest.
Smooches.

Liss said...

You're one handsome guy, you look like mes.
-Nixon