Friday, August 08, 2008

Sleepy Saturday and Flower Friday (late edition)

Well, it's sleepy Saturday, and I think it will be sleepy Sunday tomorrow too.

I don't think I've ever mentioned this, but I have a particular habit, which drives my pet human nuts. Every couple of weeks, I pick a new perch. Then I sleep in that one spot every day, until the spot is very dirty and covered with fur. I especially like fabrics that are white, like the white bedspread, the white cushion covers, etc.

My pet starts in with this horrible screeching noise about how if she knew in advance where my new perch would be, she would cover it with a towel.

But this time, my perch isn't too controversial. It's a nice hiding place in the closet of my bedroom. (yes, I have my very own bedroom!)

It's a Milton's Cracker Box from the grocery store. It's a nice perch, and the pet keeps a saddle in the closet (?????????) so it smells like leather and horsey. Very pleasant.
I missed Flower Friday. But here's my contribution anyway. This year I went crazy for coleus. I don't know why or how or what actually happened. I think the nice guys at Walter Anderson Nursery (family owned since 1928) did a lot of sweet talking to my pet, cuz she brought home many varieties.

Here they are...............



This one is called Dark Star. I like purple!
So there's the news from my garden. I think I'll rest in the shade under the cherry tomato plant.


Luv,
Skittles, The Huntress

6 comments:

Eric and Flynn said...

We like to sneak into the tack rooms sometimes and smell the leather and the horses. We got into big trouble when one of us chewed on a bridle though. (We're not owning up to who it was)
The Coleus are pretty. Mum likes the autumn coloured ones the best.

Monty Q. Kat said...

It's a box. They must be sat on, why don't the beans ever learn?

The Island Cats said...

Skittles, that looks like a great shadey spot under the plant to take a snooze!

Wally, Ernie & Zoey

Zippy, Sadie and Speedy said...

Oh, mom loves coleus...and the smell of leather...wait, could she really be a cat?

Sophia said...

Hey, we posted a coleus also!

Grahamn Kracker said...

Ah, spunky Skittles! Lovely and mischievous as ever.

The real reason that I write is to let you know how you have inadvertently made it possible for a young woman in Nigeria to get her rapidly multiplying cats neutered:

http://nocatsallowed.blogspot.com/2008/08/intermission-iii-i-promise-romeos-story.html

http://genderandme.blogspot.com/2008/08/appreciating-kind-heart.html

Thanks for putting the idea into my head.

Friday, August 08, 2008

Sleepy Saturday and Flower Friday (late edition)

Well, it's sleepy Saturday, and I think it will be sleepy Sunday tomorrow too.

I don't think I've ever mentioned this, but I have a particular habit, which drives my pet human nuts. Every couple of weeks, I pick a new perch. Then I sleep in that one spot every day, until the spot is very dirty and covered with fur. I especially like fabrics that are white, like the white bedspread, the white cushion covers, etc.

My pet starts in with this horrible screeching noise about how if she knew in advance where my new perch would be, she would cover it with a towel.

But this time, my perch isn't too controversial. It's a nice hiding place in the closet of my bedroom. (yes, I have my very own bedroom!)

It's a Milton's Cracker Box from the grocery store. It's a nice perch, and the pet keeps a saddle in the closet (?????????) so it smells like leather and horsey. Very pleasant.
I missed Flower Friday. But here's my contribution anyway. This year I went crazy for coleus. I don't know why or how or what actually happened. I think the nice guys at Walter Anderson Nursery (family owned since 1928) did a lot of sweet talking to my pet, cuz she brought home many varieties.

Here they are...............



This one is called Dark Star. I like purple!
So there's the news from my garden. I think I'll rest in the shade under the cherry tomato plant.


Luv,
Skittles, The Huntress

6 comments:

Eric and Flynn said...

We like to sneak into the tack rooms sometimes and smell the leather and the horses. We got into big trouble when one of us chewed on a bridle though. (We're not owning up to who it was)
The Coleus are pretty. Mum likes the autumn coloured ones the best.

Monty Q. Kat said...

It's a box. They must be sat on, why don't the beans ever learn?

The Island Cats said...

Skittles, that looks like a great shadey spot under the plant to take a snooze!

Wally, Ernie & Zoey

Zippy, Sadie and Speedy said...

Oh, mom loves coleus...and the smell of leather...wait, could she really be a cat?

Sophia said...

Hey, we posted a coleus also!

Grahamn Kracker said...

Ah, spunky Skittles! Lovely and mischievous as ever.

The real reason that I write is to let you know how you have inadvertently made it possible for a young woman in Nigeria to get her rapidly multiplying cats neutered:

http://nocatsallowed.blogspot.com/2008/08/intermission-iii-i-promise-romeos-story.html

http://genderandme.blogspot.com/2008/08/appreciating-kind-heart.html

Thanks for putting the idea into my head.