Monday, October 13, 2008

My Interview with Diane Sawyer

My fellow Americats,

Once again, my pet human spent most of today fielding requests for interviews. The phone bank was lit up like a Christmas tree all day.

I agreed to one interview only, with Diane Sawyer.

DS: Skittles, thank you for agreeing to meet with me on such short notice.

On Friday, you made comments on two popular blogs, one conservative (Lutheran Surrealism) and one liberal (Women on the Verge of Thinking). You commented that institutional investors were back in the stock market, and that was a good sign. Today, the market closed up 936 points.



Skittles, people around the world are taking notice of your insight. Readership is up at TWKK, although comments are down.

I have but one question for you tonight: Just who are you, how did a Bikram Yoga instructor decide to run for POTUS, and what does The American Patriot Cat Party stand for?

Skittles: Diane, thank you for this opportunity to speak to my party's platform (although that sounds like three questions, not one). From the recent comments I have made, most readers would likely assume I am a conservative like McCain. I AM NOT. Nor am I a liberal like Obama.

Each political party, blue and red, has something in it's platform that I agree with.

And each platform has something I disagree with. Thus I formed The American Patriot Cat Party. I am a fusion candidate.

I believe in classical liberal conservatism (sounds like a conundrum, but essentially it's about the federal government sticking to it's constitutional requirements), but I also believe in certain aspects of social liberalism....pro-choice, same sex partnerships, legalized drug use, for example.

Diane, may I take a moment to speak to the issue of the stock market?

DS: Certainly.

Skittles: Well, we are not out of the woods yet. The next crisis will be a rise in defaults of unsecured credit card debt.

This Consumer Nation needs some major adjustments in policy. We consume beyond our means. I will give a gimme to the home owners who are stuck in this mortgage meltdown, but I will not give a gimme to consumers who racked up too much credit card debt. Let the banks and consumers eat it on that issue.

We as a nation need to start saving for our futures.

As POTUS I would take several actions to ensure this happens.

1. End taxation on interest on savings.

2. Eliminate taxation on withdrawals from 401Ks upon retirement at 65 (this is especially important since Social Security is going down the tank.)

DS: Skittles, we are out of time. I would like to come back and discuss your proposals. Would you agree to another interview.

Skittles: Diane, yes, I would appreciate an opportunity to meet with you again. Thank you.

DS: We'll be in touch.

6 comments:

Tybalt said...

Excellent interview Skittles! (As always.) My mommy says she agrees with you on the credit card debt . . . the ex-Almost Dad's family lives entirely on credit, and that always boggled her mind. What happens when you don't have any paycheck and can't even meet the minimum balance every month? Too many people seem to not think about the future at all. It would be good if the current economic crisis actually meant a wake-up call on the whole exploding credit deal.

Anonymous said...

Amen, Sister Skittles! But I'm not sure I would give a pass to all people who got themselves into the mortgage fiasco. I know of too many people that bought homes above their means...and now they are just walking away from it...

Too many people are living for the moment without considering the consequences.

Okay, I'll get off of my soapbox now!

PB 'n J said...

Wow - a follow up interview with Diane, that's great! You're a shoe-in for POTUS Skittles!

Skittles, The Huntress said...

Dear Tybalt,

Sounds like it's a good thing the almost-ex is almost-ex.

Skittles

Skittles, The Huntress said...

Dear Anon,

Welcome to TWKK. You may be my first ever anonymous comment.

To a certain extent I agree with you about the mortgage mess. Some homeowners knowingly went out on a limb and overextended themselves thinking the real estate market would continue to gain in values.

At the same time, there have been predatory lending practices taking advantage of people who don't understand. The 90 year old woman in Akron, Ohio is a poster child for those people.

It's a mess.

Skittles

Kelly Cat said...

Skittles, you are to be commended for keeping the debate focused on the issues. Too much ink and too many electrons are being expended on minutiae in this election cycle.

Monday, October 13, 2008

My Interview with Diane Sawyer

My fellow Americats,

Once again, my pet human spent most of today fielding requests for interviews. The phone bank was lit up like a Christmas tree all day.

I agreed to one interview only, with Diane Sawyer.

DS: Skittles, thank you for agreeing to meet with me on such short notice.

On Friday, you made comments on two popular blogs, one conservative (Lutheran Surrealism) and one liberal (Women on the Verge of Thinking). You commented that institutional investors were back in the stock market, and that was a good sign. Today, the market closed up 936 points.



Skittles, people around the world are taking notice of your insight. Readership is up at TWKK, although comments are down.

I have but one question for you tonight: Just who are you, how did a Bikram Yoga instructor decide to run for POTUS, and what does The American Patriot Cat Party stand for?

Skittles: Diane, thank you for this opportunity to speak to my party's platform (although that sounds like three questions, not one). From the recent comments I have made, most readers would likely assume I am a conservative like McCain. I AM NOT. Nor am I a liberal like Obama.

Each political party, blue and red, has something in it's platform that I agree with.

And each platform has something I disagree with. Thus I formed The American Patriot Cat Party. I am a fusion candidate.

I believe in classical liberal conservatism (sounds like a conundrum, but essentially it's about the federal government sticking to it's constitutional requirements), but I also believe in certain aspects of social liberalism....pro-choice, same sex partnerships, legalized drug use, for example.

Diane, may I take a moment to speak to the issue of the stock market?

DS: Certainly.

Skittles: Well, we are not out of the woods yet. The next crisis will be a rise in defaults of unsecured credit card debt.

This Consumer Nation needs some major adjustments in policy. We consume beyond our means. I will give a gimme to the home owners who are stuck in this mortgage meltdown, but I will not give a gimme to consumers who racked up too much credit card debt. Let the banks and consumers eat it on that issue.

We as a nation need to start saving for our futures.

As POTUS I would take several actions to ensure this happens.

1. End taxation on interest on savings.

2. Eliminate taxation on withdrawals from 401Ks upon retirement at 65 (this is especially important since Social Security is going down the tank.)

DS: Skittles, we are out of time. I would like to come back and discuss your proposals. Would you agree to another interview.

Skittles: Diane, yes, I would appreciate an opportunity to meet with you again. Thank you.

DS: We'll be in touch.

6 comments:

Tybalt said...

Excellent interview Skittles! (As always.) My mommy says she agrees with you on the credit card debt . . . the ex-Almost Dad's family lives entirely on credit, and that always boggled her mind. What happens when you don't have any paycheck and can't even meet the minimum balance every month? Too many people seem to not think about the future at all. It would be good if the current economic crisis actually meant a wake-up call on the whole exploding credit deal.

Anonymous said...

Amen, Sister Skittles! But I'm not sure I would give a pass to all people who got themselves into the mortgage fiasco. I know of too many people that bought homes above their means...and now they are just walking away from it...

Too many people are living for the moment without considering the consequences.

Okay, I'll get off of my soapbox now!

PB 'n J said...

Wow - a follow up interview with Diane, that's great! You're a shoe-in for POTUS Skittles!

Skittles, The Huntress said...

Dear Tybalt,

Sounds like it's a good thing the almost-ex is almost-ex.

Skittles

Skittles, The Huntress said...

Dear Anon,

Welcome to TWKK. You may be my first ever anonymous comment.

To a certain extent I agree with you about the mortgage mess. Some homeowners knowingly went out on a limb and overextended themselves thinking the real estate market would continue to gain in values.

At the same time, there have been predatory lending practices taking advantage of people who don't understand. The 90 year old woman in Akron, Ohio is a poster child for those people.

It's a mess.

Skittles

Kelly Cat said...

Skittles, you are to be commended for keeping the debate focused on the issues. Too much ink and too many electrons are being expended on minutiae in this election cycle.