Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Price of the Presidency



My fellow Americats,

Today Dan Rather came out of retirement to meet with me. I agreed to this interview after lengthy negotiations conducted by my Campaign Manager, WW, aka the pet human.

As agreed upon, tonight's interview will be about one topic only: campaign finance.

DR: Skittles, this has to be the greatest honor of my entire career to sit down with the candidate who may actually be our first cat in office.

Skittles: (blush, blush!) Ahem, thank you, Dan. First may I ask you something? This is from one of my long time blog readers.


DR: Sure, Skittles, anything for you.

Skittles: This is from Zippy, Speedy and Sadie. Would Dan rather?


DR: (looks a bit miffed) I'm sorry, Skittles, I don't understand your question.

Now on to more important things.

Skittles, today CNN reported that Obama has spent $110 million on his campaign for POTUS. This is four times as much as McCain, which presumes that McCain has spent around $27.5 million on his campaign.



Skittles, is the US presidency being bought? Can the office be bought? How much is reaching the White House worth?

But first, how much has your campaign spent?

Skittles: Well, Dan, the question from Zippy, Speedy and Sadie was a clear, direct question. How could you not possibly understand?

Anyway. I have spent absolutely nothing on my campaign thus far, except time.

My blog is free, the widgets are free, emails are free, Facebook is free. I am cheap that way.

I have no special interest groups donating money to me. None. I am the only candidate who can say that. And I take pride in this fact. I owe no favors to no one.

But can the office of POTUS be bought? This may be our first ever opportunity to answer that question. This is a huge gap in spending between the other candidates. And since we know where McCain's money is coming from, I believe we all deserve to know where Obama's $110 million is coming from. And we deserve to know this information before the election.

But if I win, that proves, the White House cannot be bought.

DR: Skittles, another brilliant insight. Thank you for meeting with me. That's part of our world tonight.

Skittles: That's the way it is.

VOTE FOR SKITTLES, THE HUNTRESS. THE CHEAPEST CANDIDATE EVER.

No comments:

Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Price of the Presidency



My fellow Americats,

Today Dan Rather came out of retirement to meet with me. I agreed to this interview after lengthy negotiations conducted by my Campaign Manager, WW, aka the pet human.

As agreed upon, tonight's interview will be about one topic only: campaign finance.

DR: Skittles, this has to be the greatest honor of my entire career to sit down with the candidate who may actually be our first cat in office.

Skittles: (blush, blush!) Ahem, thank you, Dan. First may I ask you something? This is from one of my long time blog readers.


DR: Sure, Skittles, anything for you.

Skittles: This is from Zippy, Speedy and Sadie. Would Dan rather?


DR: (looks a bit miffed) I'm sorry, Skittles, I don't understand your question.

Now on to more important things.

Skittles, today CNN reported that Obama has spent $110 million on his campaign for POTUS. This is four times as much as McCain, which presumes that McCain has spent around $27.5 million on his campaign.



Skittles, is the US presidency being bought? Can the office be bought? How much is reaching the White House worth?

But first, how much has your campaign spent?

Skittles: Well, Dan, the question from Zippy, Speedy and Sadie was a clear, direct question. How could you not possibly understand?

Anyway. I have spent absolutely nothing on my campaign thus far, except time.

My blog is free, the widgets are free, emails are free, Facebook is free. I am cheap that way.

I have no special interest groups donating money to me. None. I am the only candidate who can say that. And I take pride in this fact. I owe no favors to no one.

But can the office of POTUS be bought? This may be our first ever opportunity to answer that question. This is a huge gap in spending between the other candidates. And since we know where McCain's money is coming from, I believe we all deserve to know where Obama's $110 million is coming from. And we deserve to know this information before the election.

But if I win, that proves, the White House cannot be bought.

DR: Skittles, another brilliant insight. Thank you for meeting with me. That's part of our world tonight.

Skittles: That's the way it is.

VOTE FOR SKITTLES, THE HUNTRESS. THE CHEAPEST CANDIDATE EVER.

No comments: