Friday, October 24, 2008

My Interview with Baba Wawa

A SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: SAM, THE MARMALADE CAT WAS SPOTTED THIS WEEK IN THE BACK YARD. HE WAS BEING INTERVIEWED BY CHRISTIANE AMANPOUR OF CNN!!! THE EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WILL BE BROADCAST HERE AT TWKK ON MONDAY NIGHT.


I was in the middle of a yoga class, when I was rudely interrupted by Barbara Walters. She showed up demanding an interview.

Since I'm a generally agreeable cat, I agreed to answer a few questions. But only on one condition: Barbara would have to join me in yoga.



BW: Skittles, as you know the stock market took another beating this week. Main Street America is in fear for their jobs and retirement.






Back on October 13 in your interview with Diane Sawyer, (who by the way, is nowhere near as beautiful and competent as I am), you predicted that we would continue to see economic distress.

Apparently you are brilliant or you have a crystal ball.

But first, our sources have discovered that you sent this political LOL to the uncle of your pet human on Wednesday, the day the DJIA fell another 500 points.

Our sources also informed us that this uncle was a Wall Street head honcho and that this was his response to the LOL:

"We need some gallows humor. This has been really brutal. I have been pounding the table to anyone that would listen for a number of years about leverage and margin debt and some very supposed sophisticated people have been ruined in the last few weeks. The tax revenues are going to plummet. If the higher income people pay most of the taxes then when they lose big, the tax coffers are going to be very dismal with many layoffs that will hit a large part of the population."

Skittles, what is your response to this?






Skittles: Barbara, an excellent question. But first I must disagree with you on one point. Diane Sawyer is far more stunning than you.

But I digress.

Many of us are swallowing bitter pills right now. Of course I personally don't earn an income or have any savings since I'm a cat.

This makes me uniquely qualified to comment on the tax proposals of both McCain and Obama.


Do the wealthy in fact pay the most in taxes? According to the Tax Foundation, the top 5% of earners (adjusted gross income) earn $153,542 per year.

The top 1% earn $388,806, and above. (That's a lot of Temptations!)

The top 1% earned 22.1% of all income in the US. And they paid 39.9% of all total taxes taken in by the federal government.

The top 25% ($64,702 and above) earned 68% of the income and paid 86.3% of total taxes. This means that 75% of wage earners pay 13.7% of all taxes.

As I have already stated, I am firmly against Obama's plan to increase taxes, especially now. And I am firmly against his protectionist ideology.

But McCain is missing it too to some extent. He's says he is for a tax cut, and I agree that at a time like this, we need to give a break to those that are paying 86.3% of all taxes. At the same time many of us want certainty that the government will take it's role of watchdog more seriously. Those top earners who were crooks are taking us all down.

But we need a serious sea change in our country. The uncle of my pet human railed about leverage and margin debt. Another term for this is credit....funny money. Some funny money can be ok, but not massive amounts that will implode on all of us. Limit the funny money.

AND we need to start saving as a nation. No more credit card debt.

One more comment. I think our idea of the American dream is distorted right now. It used to be about individual freedoms and rights. It used to be about graduating and going to college. It used to be about saving for a down payment on a house and raising a family. Now it seems the American Dream in many parts of our country is about spending $1300 on a credit card to buy Juicy Couture outfits for dogs and other flamboyant excesses. This needs to change too. But attitude cannot be legislated. We need a leader to remind Americans what that dream is about.

That's why you should vote for me, Skittles, The Huntress. The voice of reason in the unreasonable world of pet humans.

BW: Skittles, thank you for taking time to meet with me.

Skittles: I'm honored to meet you. May I suggest something? I think you need to practice your yoga a lot more.

3 comments:

WhimPurr's Whim and the Whiskers said...

Isn't it the truth that our "dreams" have now become nightmares!

topcatrules said...

We have a ginger cat intruder. We wish it would go live on the moon!

Zippy, Sadie and Speedy said...

Oh boy, Sam's back...

Friday, October 24, 2008

My Interview with Baba Wawa

A SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: SAM, THE MARMALADE CAT WAS SPOTTED THIS WEEK IN THE BACK YARD. HE WAS BEING INTERVIEWED BY CHRISTIANE AMANPOUR OF CNN!!! THE EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WILL BE BROADCAST HERE AT TWKK ON MONDAY NIGHT.


I was in the middle of a yoga class, when I was rudely interrupted by Barbara Walters. She showed up demanding an interview.

Since I'm a generally agreeable cat, I agreed to answer a few questions. But only on one condition: Barbara would have to join me in yoga.



BW: Skittles, as you know the stock market took another beating this week. Main Street America is in fear for their jobs and retirement.






Back on October 13 in your interview with Diane Sawyer, (who by the way, is nowhere near as beautiful and competent as I am), you predicted that we would continue to see economic distress.

Apparently you are brilliant or you have a crystal ball.

But first, our sources have discovered that you sent this political LOL to the uncle of your pet human on Wednesday, the day the DJIA fell another 500 points.

Our sources also informed us that this uncle was a Wall Street head honcho and that this was his response to the LOL:

"We need some gallows humor. This has been really brutal. I have been pounding the table to anyone that would listen for a number of years about leverage and margin debt and some very supposed sophisticated people have been ruined in the last few weeks. The tax revenues are going to plummet. If the higher income people pay most of the taxes then when they lose big, the tax coffers are going to be very dismal with many layoffs that will hit a large part of the population."

Skittles, what is your response to this?






Skittles: Barbara, an excellent question. But first I must disagree with you on one point. Diane Sawyer is far more stunning than you.

But I digress.

Many of us are swallowing bitter pills right now. Of course I personally don't earn an income or have any savings since I'm a cat.

This makes me uniquely qualified to comment on the tax proposals of both McCain and Obama.


Do the wealthy in fact pay the most in taxes? According to the Tax Foundation, the top 5% of earners (adjusted gross income) earn $153,542 per year.

The top 1% earn $388,806, and above. (That's a lot of Temptations!)

The top 1% earned 22.1% of all income in the US. And they paid 39.9% of all total taxes taken in by the federal government.

The top 25% ($64,702 and above) earned 68% of the income and paid 86.3% of total taxes. This means that 75% of wage earners pay 13.7% of all taxes.

As I have already stated, I am firmly against Obama's plan to increase taxes, especially now. And I am firmly against his protectionist ideology.

But McCain is missing it too to some extent. He's says he is for a tax cut, and I agree that at a time like this, we need to give a break to those that are paying 86.3% of all taxes. At the same time many of us want certainty that the government will take it's role of watchdog more seriously. Those top earners who were crooks are taking us all down.

But we need a serious sea change in our country. The uncle of my pet human railed about leverage and margin debt. Another term for this is credit....funny money. Some funny money can be ok, but not massive amounts that will implode on all of us. Limit the funny money.

AND we need to start saving as a nation. No more credit card debt.

One more comment. I think our idea of the American dream is distorted right now. It used to be about individual freedoms and rights. It used to be about graduating and going to college. It used to be about saving for a down payment on a house and raising a family. Now it seems the American Dream in many parts of our country is about spending $1300 on a credit card to buy Juicy Couture outfits for dogs and other flamboyant excesses. This needs to change too. But attitude cannot be legislated. We need a leader to remind Americans what that dream is about.

That's why you should vote for me, Skittles, The Huntress. The voice of reason in the unreasonable world of pet humans.

BW: Skittles, thank you for taking time to meet with me.

Skittles: I'm honored to meet you. May I suggest something? I think you need to practice your yoga a lot more.

3 comments:

WhimPurr's Whim and the Whiskers said...

Isn't it the truth that our "dreams" have now become nightmares!

topcatrules said...

We have a ginger cat intruder. We wish it would go live on the moon!

Zippy, Sadie and Speedy said...

Oh boy, Sam's back...