Monday, October 06, 2008

Yoga Tuesday

Wow, I'm kind of embarrassed. I slept all the way through from Snoozy Sunday to Yoga Tuesday. My pet human was a bit miffed.



(yawn!) Stretch.....strrreeeeeeeeetccccccchhhhhhhh.

Take a deep breath, hold, hold...

feel the inner vibrations of the universe flow through your body. Yes, you can feel the energy.....

Forget McCain/Palin and Obama/Biden.........forget the economy.......forget the bailout

We are all one with the universe.

Here we go, follow along...


Yes, I feel totally refreshed.

Now, for refreshments today I am offering a soup that I make. It's a roasted tomato and basil soup. I have included the recipe.

3 lbs Roma tomatoes
8 cups vegetable broth
1 sweet onion, finely diced
2 leeks, slice thin
1 shallot, finely diced
2 Tbls butter
2 Tbls light olive oil
2 cups fresh basil leaves
Olive oil
Herbs de Provence
Sea Salt
Cracked pepper

Roast and Dry the Tomatoes:

Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.

Wash and slice the tomotoes in half lengthwise. Squeeze the seeds out. Coat (or brush) with olive oil and lay slice side up on cookie trays. Sprinkle sea salt, pepper, and Herbs de Provence over the tomatoes. Place them in the oven and let cook on extremely low heat for approximately 5 hours, or until semi-dry.


Make the Soup:

Saute onion, leek, and shallot in butter and olive oil. Add broth, tomatoes, and basil leaves. Simmer on low for 1 hour. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Process the soup in a food processor. Serve either hot or cold.


My pet human thinks I'm repeating myself with the recipe, but even so, it deserves repeating.

Luv,
Skittles, The Huntress

6 comments:

whatloknows said...

hey theres nothing wrong with two day naps, is there?!


ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!


-wlk

goldenshade said...

That soup sounds delightful!! I hope our tomatoes hurry up and ripen. We had to pick them green as the frost was coming and now we wait.

Purrs Goldie and Shade

The Meezers said...

so you sleeped for 2 days. we don't see where there's an issue.

mommy says the soup sounds really good. i say it would be better with HAM in it.

miles

The Furry Kids said...

Awesome class, Skittles. I feel so much better!

Daisy said...

I feel very relaxed now, too!

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Wow! Yummy soup! Wish I could nap for 2 days :)

Monday, October 06, 2008

Yoga Tuesday

Wow, I'm kind of embarrassed. I slept all the way through from Snoozy Sunday to Yoga Tuesday. My pet human was a bit miffed.



(yawn!) Stretch.....strrreeeeeeeeetccccccchhhhhhhh.

Take a deep breath, hold, hold...

feel the inner vibrations of the universe flow through your body. Yes, you can feel the energy.....

Forget McCain/Palin and Obama/Biden.........forget the economy.......forget the bailout

We are all one with the universe.

Here we go, follow along...


Yes, I feel totally refreshed.

Now, for refreshments today I am offering a soup that I make. It's a roasted tomato and basil soup. I have included the recipe.

3 lbs Roma tomatoes
8 cups vegetable broth
1 sweet onion, finely diced
2 leeks, slice thin
1 shallot, finely diced
2 Tbls butter
2 Tbls light olive oil
2 cups fresh basil leaves
Olive oil
Herbs de Provence
Sea Salt
Cracked pepper

Roast and Dry the Tomatoes:

Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.

Wash and slice the tomotoes in half lengthwise. Squeeze the seeds out. Coat (or brush) with olive oil and lay slice side up on cookie trays. Sprinkle sea salt, pepper, and Herbs de Provence over the tomatoes. Place them in the oven and let cook on extremely low heat for approximately 5 hours, or until semi-dry.


Make the Soup:

Saute onion, leek, and shallot in butter and olive oil. Add broth, tomatoes, and basil leaves. Simmer on low for 1 hour. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Process the soup in a food processor. Serve either hot or cold.


My pet human thinks I'm repeating myself with the recipe, but even so, it deserves repeating.

Luv,
Skittles, The Huntress

6 comments:

whatloknows said...

hey theres nothing wrong with two day naps, is there?!


ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!


-wlk

goldenshade said...

That soup sounds delightful!! I hope our tomatoes hurry up and ripen. We had to pick them green as the frost was coming and now we wait.

Purrs Goldie and Shade

The Meezers said...

so you sleeped for 2 days. we don't see where there's an issue.

mommy says the soup sounds really good. i say it would be better with HAM in it.

miles

The Furry Kids said...

Awesome class, Skittles. I feel so much better!

Daisy said...

I feel very relaxed now, too!

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Wow! Yummy soup! Wish I could nap for 2 days :)